Barbara Jacoby is an award winning blogger that has contributed her two time Breast Cancer journey, patient advocacy mission and Domestic Abuse experience to multiple online publications that have touched readers worldwide. Her high quality, high content and high energy writings are delivered in a down to earth and humble style that everyone remembers.
While becoming an ambassador for Survivors and Patient’s Rights, Jacoby has also shared her skills with the Walt Disney Company for over 18 years. As an extra curricular activity, she implemented an internal gratitude program that acknowledged fellow employees for their “going the extra mile” assistance to another fellow employee. Top level executives caught wind of her team building program and soon she was recognized within the company for her achievements.
Awards and Honors
- Novartis: Advanced Breast Cancer Patient Blogger Advisory Board – 2014
- The Breast Cancer Site: Top Breast Cancer Blog – 2014
- Susan G. Komen: Premier VIP Blogger – 2014
- Healthline.com top Breast Cancer Blog – 2014
- Project Fit America special Social Media Ambassador – 2014
- Healthline.com top Breast Cancer Blog – 2013
- Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine Inaugural Top 10 Blogger – 2013
- Genentech Patient Opinion Leader Advisory Board Member – 2012
- Healthline.com top Breast Cancer Blog – 2012
- Freshetta Pizza’s “Strength Of One” fight Breast Cancer campaign grant winner – 2012
- DrTanyDouglasHolland.com Recognition – 2012
- Disney VoluntEARS grant winner – 2004/2012
- Scarves.net: Inaugural honoree for their SDN Spotlight Series which recognizes the most inspiring men and women on the web – 2012
- The Huffington Post – Syndicated Columnist
- About.com’s Breast Cancer Expert
- Let Life Happen
- Breast Cancer Wellness Magazine
- Burbank Leader
- What Next Cancer
Barbara was born and raised in Williamsport, PA (Home of Little League Baseball). Upon graduating from Lycoming College, Barbara taught High School Spanish and French. Barbara now resides in Los Angeles with her husband.